Launched by the American Bar Association (ABA) Commission on Law and Aging, Mind Your Loved Ones, known as MYLO, is a mobile app that gives individuals the ability to store their own and their loved one’s critical medical information and other related data on their Apple or Android phones, iPads or tablets.
With this app individuals can store on their smartphones their key medical information– such as medications, physician contacts, insurance information, medical notes, and any other material important to them.
MYLO can be used for purposes such as:
- Create separate profiles for each loved one. Reports are automatically created and can be shared electronically,
- Names, numbers, email addresses of important contacts,
- Event notes, Routine Appointment Checklist, Vital Signs, and Activities of Daily Living can be maintained and measured over time,
- Insurance information, medical directives, copies of cards and insurance forms
- A list of Prescriptions and medical records for themselves and their loved ones - and more
All of this may be great in an emergency, you'll have your loved one's medical information at your fingertips and won't have to hunt for it.
However, is it safe to have you and your loved one's information where it can be hacked or accessed by Apple or Android and provided to the authorities upon request.
The DNA information stored at the genealogy companies such as Ancestry 23andme, etc. that information has been provided to law enforcement dozens of times when requested to check for familial DNA, which is basically a "fishing" expedition - casting a large net to see if anyone's DNA in the data-bank is close to DNA their looking for.
Is the app right for you? Maybe yes, maybe no - if interested, take some time to do some research before deciding.
The app is available through the American Bar Association for $7.99
Questions about planning for long term care or asset protection? Contact us today 855.471.6771 firstname.lastname@example.org